Announcement

Announcement

Welcome to sharing in our adventure!

We welcome you, our family and friends, to share in this exciting adventure with us. This is our blog to share our feelings and stories on this next chapter in our lives. Read, comment, and follow along with us as we experience our journey to parenthood, creating our family!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

19 Weeks...Did I just feel something?!

Well, I think it's safe to say now that I have finally felt baby flutter!! Sunday night (3/27/11) I was laying on the couch watching a movie with Tony, and I felt like something rolled over in my lower belly. This isn't quite the first time I've suspected feeling movement, but I wanted to be SURE when I felt baby move, it was real. I didn't want to be one of 'those' women who think a gas bubble is the baby wiggling around ;) So I told Tony, "I think I felt the baby move!". He looked at me surprised. Throughout the rest of the evening, I felt it 6 more times. It was definitely how people described...'butterfly flutters' 'little bubbles' and I'll add one to the mix. You know when you are on a ride at the fair like "The Falling Star" where it drops you down a little, and your stomach makes that weird feeling? It felt like a smaller version of that. Hehe. It was so AMAZING to finally feel Baby Rossman, since I know from our first ultrasound he/she loves to move around! I felt instant love and a connection with this little one, and just stared down at my bump still in awe that there is a little person growing in there.

I've been doing a lot better all in all this trimester. The morning sickness (ahem, and NIGHTTIME sickness) has subsided, I'm enjoying food again, and I'm not as tired as I was. The naps at 6pm after work aren't as frequent ;) Of course there have been a slew of new 'symptoms', and my back hurts pretty much every day. My hips hurt at night. I think it's time for a pregnancy pillow! I've also outgrown many of my work pants where it's just not comfortable to even wear the belly bands. Time to stock up on some new maternity clothes this weekend! I took my belly ring out after reading a few people's advice on them. Apparently if you leave it in too long it can create a very nasty scar! It's very odd not seeing my belly bling down there, as I've had it for 10 years now! I will take a new photo this evening of the belly and post it as well.

Tomorrow is the BIG day of finding out the gender!! It will probably go down as the LONGEST day at work for me..ever. ;) The ultrasound place said that I could bring in 3 people plus myself, so BOTH of our mom's get to come! The dads will be waiting nearby in the waiting room to hear the news first and celebrate with us :)

My appointment is at 2:45pm so stayed tuned to the blog where we will post the results FIRST before Facebook.

Have a wonderful day everyone, and THANK YOU to all our followers. We love sharing this experience with our amazing friends and family.

XO,
Soni

4 comments:

  1. I Love this Blog ...So glad both you and Tony are doing it together , babies in you but this little baby bump project is a two way project for life <3 and its so fun to see both of you write your feelings here ...I love you both so much <3
    I cant wait for tomorrow and feel so blessed to be a part of finding out with you Tony , Tina , Dad and Jay ...
    You didn't tell me you felt the baby Sunday you brat ! Isn't that the most incredible feeling in the world ...see why I love you SO much !
    Hope today flies by and tomorrow too untill 2:45 ...love you honey <3
    You will always be my baby though

    momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you guys, tomorrow is going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this update, and didn't know you had finally felt the baby move. That is so incredible! Just wait till he is big enough so Tony will get to feel the little guy trying to put one through the goal posts. Well maybe not that far but you get the idea. :) I'm so happy for you both that everything is coming along perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ronna, I'm definitely anticipating when I can feel the baby kick! =D

    --Tony

    ReplyDelete