Announcement

Announcement

Welcome to sharing in our adventure!

We welcome you, our family and friends, to share in this exciting adventure with us. This is our blog to share our feelings and stories on this next chapter in our lives. Read, comment, and follow along with us as we experience our journey to parenthood, creating our family!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gender Experiment “Predictions”

Sonia and I are just a couple days away from discovering what little baby Rossman will be, a boy or a girl. You may or may not be aware but there are many old wives tales that predict (and I use that word loosely) what the baby’s gender will be. We decided to participate in many of the experiments to see what they “predicted.” This was a fun activity for us to do; some of them were pretty silly.

Physical “tells”
Oval belly, not round. Watermelon vs basketball. GIRL
Carrying low. BOY
Increased acne. GIRL
Morning sickness, yes! GIRL
Over 140 bpm heartrate. GIRL
full, round face (but no real change). GIRL
clumsy (she’s always been tho =P). BOY
boobie tests. Both results were BOY
feet temp the same. GIRL
leg hair growth, same. GIRL
faster, stronger nail growth. BOY
looking good, not ugly. BOY
dull yellow pee. GIRL
nose growth/wider, no. GIRL
headaches, yes. BOY
dad gains weight (Sonia doesn’t think I have. I feel like I have because of unemployment and now my fancy pants and shirts for work are a bit snug). GIRL/BOY
??
sleep/rest on left side BOY

Cravings
sweets, fruits, and Orange Juice. GIRL
does not eat heels/ends of bread loaves. GIRL
NOT craving protein (meats and cheeses). GIRL

Tests/Quizzes
The ring barely swayed GIRL, sometimes circled. BOY

We tried this one several times. I held the string over her belly and then her hand. She held it over her belly and then her hand. Then I pinned it to the ceiling to remove human element and it barely moved. I think it moved because our arms would get tired and move from holding the string up for a minute or two.

Picked up fat part of key. I put a key on the ground and in my hand, both times Sonia picked it up by the fat top part of the key. BOY

shows her hands palms up. GIRL
pillow facing north. BOY
chinese calendar. (Age during conception and month of conception) BOY
mayan math (add year, 2010, with mother’s age at the time, 25, odd answer, 2035, is a boy). BOY
baby names, agree on a specific gender name, it will be that gender. we have no boy names picked out, but we agree on one name for a girl. GIRL

childbirth.org quiz - You have a 33% chance of having a BOY and you have a 66% chance of having a GIRL.
babygenderprediction.com 27% chance of BOY, 73% chance of GIRL.

Sonia's had heartburn too so that means baby will have a full head of hair!

Lastly, one more "prediction" brought to us by our good friend Marcus Perry, who said: "heads BOY.... tails GIRL...........ok just did a best out of 3 and boy won 2-1. congrats on your baby boy. The coin never lies, If wrong cheese quisidilla on me from memos" Well, there you have it!

One interesting test we did not do (no Drano) was to mix a tablespoon of Drano in mom’s urine and watch to see if it changes color. Green = GIRL, and blue = BOY. Maybe we'll do this AFTER we know the gender and put it to the test.

So, what do you think? Looks like a baby Rossman will be a girl, a baby Rosslady.

6 comments:

  1. Great post! Really enjoyed hearing about the "wives tales". There were a lot even I've never heard of! Good luck on the upcoming appointment! I'm sure either way, you'll be thrilled!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Sonia would have a fantastic time with a girl considering how cute Sonia always is I'm sure baby girl Rossman would be quite the lil princess... no matter what u guys have they will be perfect.. congrats again Rossman's

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are funny, I thought the not eating the heel of bread one was particularly hilarious. I'll have to remember to do all these for my next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was hilarious and entertaining ...I cant wait for Thursday !

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL funny. I craved protein and had a girl! I did have heartburn with Jen...look at her hair! I had morning sickness at night with Jen. With Stacey I couldn't stand the smell of hamburger, both pregnancies were different...and still had girls! Wives tales are funny! I can't wait to hear the results. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well....so much for most of these huh? Most predicted a girl and it's a boy. Although some of the ones I put a small amount of stock in were right - like carrying low, the Chinese calendar, Sonia looking beautiful, and Marcus' coin flip. Haha. We still need to test the Drano one.

    ReplyDelete