Announcement

Announcement

Welcome to sharing in our adventure!

We welcome you, our family and friends, to share in this exciting adventure with us. This is our blog to share our feelings and stories on this next chapter in our lives. Read, comment, and follow along with us as we experience our journey to parenthood, creating our family!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Kickin' it

Last Sunday, I felt my baby boy kick!!

Sonia's been feeling the "flutters" from our son's movement for a few weeks now and I've tried to catch the movements a couple times but was unsuccessful. According to the midwives, my son doesn't hate me if I don’t feel him kick once I place my hand on Sonia's belly. Apparently, some fathers get all emo about not feeling their baby kick and think the baby doesn't like them. So the midwife thought I should know that I have a calming influence over my son which is why he may stop moving once I place my hand on the belly. I was surprised to hear grown men get all sad if their baby doesn't kung fu their hand all the time when they place it on their girls' bellies (sheesh, some men are just sissies these days). The calming influence makes sense; so does the timing. The baby's strength doesn't get strong enough to really feel the kicks until the 24th week, up until the 26th week. We're coming up on week 23 on Thursday. So, I was able to feel a few movements slightly - mainly because Sonia confirmed that yes the baby did move whenever I thought I felt something. The movements felt like air bubbles popping inside the belly - like when the stomach grumbles it kinda vibrates or when a person holds a burp in and the air, the gas pops inside the throat. I dunno, I guess it's hard to describe unless you've felt it before.

Nonetheless, it was cool to feel my son's movement, even if it was a faint sensation on my hand. Hopefully in the coming weeks when he gets stronger, I'll be able to feel some stronger kicks and punches!

2 comments:

  1. Oh just wait Tony! They get MUCH stronger! :) Somedays I feel like our daughter might break one of my ribs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brought tears to my eyes , especially when you said " My sons movement " little Rossman <3 I cant wait to see him moving and feel him too ...soon ! maybe tonight , maybe he will sense ' meatballs ' and do a happy dance :)

    ReplyDelete